Monday 25 October 2010

(300 Word Essay). The millionth version due to my 3D Max having its own mind. Ok down to the good stuff.

When I initially read the brief for the Animation Ident on the first week I was scared shitless this was due to: never using the software and the ideas in my mind were just going blank. But after that first week I looked at the brief with slightly new eyes, I found myself thinking if this was actually a real life situation and I had been asked to create an Ident for a cable channel that was my twitter, blog and facebook account what would I DO? I found myself thinking of the wide range of comments that have been posted in the past on my facebook friend’s pages and one in particular came to mind: SHE SAID WHAT!!! This phrase got me the gossip theme for my Ident which includes red pout lips, the book and the open room.  
The genre that I wanted my work to portray for my Ident was a fly on the wall documentary, a type of documentary that is an observational representation of what an individual or individuals get up to.  The fly on the wall theme was chosen because it is where people can express themselves; this is one symbol of the book. Big Brother was a fly on the wall documentary and it reminded me of what it can be like on facebook.
Symbolism of the lips is that gossip happens an awful lot on facebook. The red lips indicates girls are passionate about talking, having an opinion. Gossip is linked to freedom of speech in the sense that you should be free to say what you want but with gossip it can get twisted and be further from the truth. This happens in daily life and is extremely common on the internet.        

No comments:

Post a Comment